Sunday 1 September 2019

On The Road Again

A quiet moment in the park

Climbing at Oberried, Ötztal
Seven weeks in the UK - a bit of a chore but there were lots of things that had to be done, including all the usual dentists, doctors, opticians, and visiting the mummies.
I got out climbing in the Peak on a few occasions, and that is the same as it ever was, a sociable time in a variety of settings from the magnificent Stanage to some less salubrious holes in the ground - all good fun though.
I made a decision to dump my slide collection built up over around 30 years - a rough count came up with around 25,000 images. I put a picture of them ready for the tip on FaceBook and got a torrent of comments suggesting I hang on to them as they were of historical interest. Anyway, I got in touch with the Mountain Heritage Trust in the Lakes and they said they would be happy to hold them in their archive - so we drove up and delivered the lot.
And then it was off again - Sheffield > Hull > Rotterdam > Karlsruhe > Ötztal - back to Austria, initially for 10 days in the Tyrol. It is still busy and warm, but autumn is on the way and soon everywhere will be quietening down.

No comments:

Ch Ch Ch Changes

The progress from my severe spinal stenosis back in December/January continues, though at times it feels pitifully slow - though of course i...