Tuesday 27 February 2007

Guadalest and an Accidental Tourist


I have climbed at Guadalest a lot over the past 14 months - but this time Sherri wanted to show me the 'other-side' of the place. Two and half hours of wandering around the shops, cafes, museum, old houses, castle ramparts, the cemetery - and I have to admit it wasn't an unpleasant experience. It must have been an amazingly isolated place to live back in the days of horse drawn transport and I bet the 1644 earthquake rattled the windows, that was when the huge blocks we climb on the west side of town were formed.
Quite a spot and busy for the middle of the week in the middle of winter - I bet the hoards who are bussed in from Bendorm enjoy it! Oddly when you are climbing here there is no indication of the melee on the hill top!

No comments:

Around the Loop

Snowshoeing at Beille We left the Costa Blanca with some misgivings, we had been there quite a while and were well settled, plus I wasn'...