Monday 5 February 2024

Improving at Long Last?

Sherri guarding my chair

So we bided our time for about a month waiting for my pre-op visits to the hospital, getting out every day in the sunshine but I was really struggling - at the worst it was four rests (on the small chair Sherri bought me) to cover the 300m or so to the Promenade. Then something odd happened - the aching in my legs faded, so we kicked the painkillers meds into touch - then I walked to the Prom without stopping - and day on day I got a little better, steadier on my feet and covering longer distances. After several days we began to think a small miracle may have occurred - we visited the docs and she was impressed with my sudden progress. She suggested the cyst had either burst or been reabsorbed - and more to the point, was sure any operation should be postponed at least for the time being. The relief was palpable, after two months of depressing decline there was a little light ahead. 

A smile or just signs of relief?
A week later and the progress continues - small steps but all in the right direction. It is too early to get giddy but we are both in a much better place mentally - at least for now. We are here for another month or so - let's see what develops.







No comments:

Ch Ch Ch Changes

The progress from my severe spinal stenosis back in December/January continues, though at times it feels pitifully slow - though of course i...